has not discovered the value of life.”
― Charles Darwin, The Life & Letters of Charles Darwin
IT BAFFLES ME MORE THAN ANYTHING EVER HAS. Perhaps it is because I am an engineer, but above all, above everything, it was always my job to PREVENT PROBLEMS. Prevention is always far less expensive than repair or recovery even if these should be possible.
AND HERE WE SIT, THIRTY THREE YEARS AFTER JIM HANSEN'S testimony to Congress on the coming dangers of global warming.
AND WE STILL DON'T HAVE A PLAN. IT IS SURREAL. The government of the United States has fallen on its face.
OUR PRESIDENT IS A HOAX WHO THINKS GLOBAL WARMING IS A HOAX. Our Earth Will Die, And We Still Won't Have A Plan.
1. THE DAMAGE of climate change is almost always difficult or impossible to recover from. Below is an image of melted tundra which adds methane, a stronger but shorter lived greenhouse gas, to the atmosphere.
2. CARBON DIOXIDE CONTINUES TO ACCUMULATE in the atmosphere and its damage is felt only over the course of time.
3. THE MORE CARBON THE MORE DAMAGE and the greater the difficulty of removing it from the atmosphere.
4. STORMS, WILL CONTINUE TO INCREASE in size and intensity. It is only a matter of time before a category 5 storm comes up the east coast of the United States. The flooding and damage will be incomprehensible.
5. SOME SCIENTISTS HAVE SUGGESTED that we wait until later in the century to development negative emission capability. Negative emisssions, if an effective system can be deployed may take decades to develop and unless a collosal drop in emissions is implemented our only hope will be negative emissions.
6. ONE DOES NOT WAIT FOR AN IRRECOVERABLE DISASTER TO HAPPEN to the planet to development protective measures.